“A program is a road map to an athletes short term and long term success!
The Hercules Weightlifting Club is pleased to offer seminars on Olympic weightlifting program development. These seminars are instructed by internationally experienced coaching staff and are based on the methodologies developed by leading European countries. This is an exclusive opportunity to take your own lifting or coaching to the next level.
Attendees should prepare for an active workshop. You’ll have an opportunity to work with master coaches throughout the day and will walk out from the seminar with a good understanding of how to create, monitor and conduct progressive weightlifting training programs.
Mirek Korkowski – NCCP Level 3 certified coach and the Canadian Weightlifting Federation Master Coach Developer. Mirek lifted for the Polish National Team and has coached numerous national champions and international medalists in Canada since 1988.
Raf Korkowski – NCCP Level 3 certified coach. Raf developed into an international level athlete using the same systems and methods that will be presented. He holds multiple provincial and national records, and participated at multiple Pan-American Championships, University World and Senior World Weightlifting Championships as a member of Team Canada.
Beginner Seminar – is most suitable to coaches working with novice athletes or those trying to get on track with proper development. In this unique seminar we will:
- Present a model of the annual periodization used by the beginner athlete – training experience 0 – 2 years
- Teach fundamentals of European weightlifting technique using coach Mirek’s learning progression for the snatch and the clean & jerk
- Work together to create progressive training program, including exercises selection, strength training methods, loading volume and intensity, loading chart creation
Intermediate Seminar – is most suitable to coaches working with athletes at the Provincial level or those aiming to reach the National standard. In this unique seminar we will:
- Present a model of the annual periodization used by the intermediate athlete–training experience 2–5 years
- Teach how to manage ongoing process of technique refining and incorporating it into the annual periodization
- Work together to create progressive training program, including precise volume and intensity application, control tests
Advanced Seminar – is most suitable to coaches working with athletes at National level or those aiming to reach International stage. In this unique seminar participants will:
- Present a model of the annual periodization used by the advanced athlete – training experience 5+ years
- Examine advanced training methods and more complex exercises
- Work together to create progressive training program, including training super cycles, selection of developmental, selection and major competition
Note: Seminars are independent. Coaches/Athletes are not required to attend beginner level to be eligible to attend Intermediate or Advanced although participation in all levels is recommended for those wanting a true understanding of long term athlete development methodology.
Seminars are 1-day events (6 hours in duration) and cost $199 each per person.
Maximum 10 participants – First come first serve.